Introducing a new capability to the suite of tools I offer, the ability to export Remedy Attachments directly from the DB without a Remedy server being involved, or even installed. You connect directly to either an SQL or Oracle DB via JDBC and within a few moments have the ability to save the attachments to file system
Announcing the much anticipated (by some users at least) 3.0 release. This release provides a few key enhancements.
1 – Now you have the ability to manage Attachment data. Both from pushing attachments from Remedy to external systems as well as consuming attachments IN external systems, so quite important
2 – The plugin cache was previously stored in memory which was fast, but potentially hazardous when it came to attachments, and also provided inconsistencies in results when utilized in a Server Group configuration, so the cache is now stored in a cache form.
3 – Dynamic Headers….your headers can now be populated dynamically allowing for access tokens to be gathered in one call and used in a second.
A great deal of effort has gone into this release, I hope you enjoy.
Ok folks, here is an oldie but a goodie. This plugin was first made public back in 2012 when I presented the topic on it at WWRUG12. I gave out a few copies at the time, but that was way before this site existed. A few weeks back a friend asked if I had a solution to his problem, the solution was this plugin. I took a look at the code, dusted it off quite a bit and made it ready for it’s debut on this site. This is a plugin that allows you to kick off processes through Remedy workflow that the user is not tied to, meaning it’s a fire and forget (if you want to) type of effort. If you have ever found yourself in the need of the user hitting a button that will kick off a 2 hour job on the server, but couldn’t because doing that would cause the client to be tied up for 2 min’s, and then time out? Well, this is the solution for that problem. This allows you to call the plugin and have the plugin kick off the actual update. Please write to me and comment if you find this useful but need some tweaks.
This is another tool to help you manage your data. This tool combines the power and flexibility of SQL queries with the API to identify records that should be deleted from your system. It is multi threaded and allows the quick and efficient deletion of millions of rows in minutes. Go check it out and as always, let me know if there is anything else you need it to do.
This new tool sits on your server and monitors the availability of your server so that your load balancer can do smart balancing based on if your server is actually online and working, not just that it’s listening on a given port. This will help ensure that your users are not pointed to servers that are misbehaving.
Introducing an all new tool from APL. This one is a login id transformation plugin that works with BMC’s RSSO product. There are times where the source that you are using to get your authentication (CAC Specifically) doesn’t provide you with the information you want to use for logging into Remedy. This plugin is a simple drop in place plugin for RSSO that allows you to utilize Remedy as a transformation source allowing you to store the ‘from’ and ‘to’ values inside of Remedy, then the ‘to’ value is used as your username after authentication. I hope you like it and please, as always, reach out to me if you want features that the tool doesn’t already have.
After many years, I found another use for this plugin. The ability to strip email addresses from the string based on domain, either specify the domain you want to strip, or specify the domain you want to keep and it returns the email string properly modified.
Had a customer come to me the other day needing to use the plugin on a server needing a proxy configuration. I have worked through the changes in the code and provided that feature to them. Also added a few enhancements to the plugin that other customers have asked for. Enjoy
A user came to me yesterday with problems doing a create when the restful service was another Remedy service. I found the bug and have released 2.5 in response to the problem, sorry about the issues.
As part of a support effort a customer was having issues with JSON validation, so I added a method in the call that validates the template contents for accuracy before sending the details over to the destination server. I also enhanced the debug logging a bit and updated the Jackson libraries to the latest versions available. Upgrade is a bit more cumbersome this time with the need to update xml files with new file names, but it’s worth it with the new validations that have been added.