I’ve re-written the tool to run with the Apache RunProc service management tool, and added built in notification through SMTP
This one contains a few small defects and two fairly large ones that required quite a bit of fixing in the code. If you aren’t experiencing issues in your current version, no need to upgrade, but if you have any issues, then you’ll want to check this one out.
Had a user request a feature on this to include the connected server name in the results. This is useful in case you use it, then change the server name at the top, but never hit Connect/Refresh…it lets you know the data that’s on the screen isn’t for the server at the top. Also included some enhancements for Oracle to try and make work better in multiple ar db configurations.
The other day I was consulting with my friend Brian about the future of various tools I have on my site, I’m always coming up with new ideas and adding new capabilities, but this is creating sprawl and questions of ‘what’s the difference between this one and that one. So, based on his suggestions, I’m going to start a new effort. This effort is going to bring a majority of my tools together under a single tool umbrella, give them a GUI, and standardize my functions across tools so that they are all modernized in their programming approach and ideally easier to download and run. I don’t of course have a timeline of when the first release will be made, or what combination of tools it’ll have, but over time I’ll be removing the old standalone versions of the tools and migrating them into this new tool kit. Ideally this’ll make the entire process cleaner for you the user and give you a greater breadth of capabilities within the same tool set.
I optimized some of the code, removed non-functional parameters and added some new ones in to help out where needed The new one runs significantly faster than previous versions 🙂
I have updated the Server Group Functions app to provide more details. It now not only looks at Operations, but adds services, and reports on the details per server of not only the operations, but the server group members and the listed provider
I updated the DB Size utility to account for the new S tables that exist with the new RLS SubQuery option
I have made some changes to the UserCount tool to make it a bit easier to manage in a server group environment. Adding the -sg option allows you to specify a single server and the tool will gather the rest of the servers directly from ARS, making your config easier
I just put some finishing touches on the latest Restful plugin just in time for Christmas (if you celebrate, if not you can celebrate this release 🙂 ) Enjoy
So, version 1.0 of the plugin was an apparent ‘hit’ in that I got allot of people trying to use it virtually immediately, unfortunately it appears my initial testing was flawed and I didn’t find some major problems with it…it simply wasn’t working properly. v1.2 has fixed all of those bugs and enhanced it so that the warning process re-attaches the file from the file system in case the warning was a situation of the virus scan finding a virus and fixing it for you so the file can still be attached, but without the virus. Please continue the enthusiasm and keep working with this plugin.